Olive Oil has been the most important culinary ingredient for Greeks since ancient times. Homer called it the “Liquid Gold” and Hippocrates the “Great Healer”. It is considered the most healthy fat on earth, containing loads of antioxidants, fatty acids, and vitamins and is the core element of the Mediterranean Diet.
During this activity, you will learn how to smell and taste in order to discover the incredible aromas and flavors of some of the finest Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oils. You will participate in an olive oil tasting experience, led by the expert olive oil taster, Anita Zachou, that will help you understand the true meaning of “extra virgin” as well as how to describe an olive oil correctly with terms such as “fruity”, “bitter” and “spicy”. You will discover how to recognize a defective olive oil from a good one. This activity also aims to introduce you to the uniqueness of the Mediterranean Diet and all the health & beauty benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO), which can transform your life forever. This is the perfect activity to live and share with your family & friends.This activity is led by Anita Zachou. Agricultural engineer, expert olive oil taster by Jaen University in Spain, holistic wellness coach, and founder of Mykonos Olive Oil tasting.
- A short history of Greek olive tree & olive oil.
- The basic principles of olive oil tasting and sensory analysis.
- The important elements that characterize an Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Tasting of 2 Award-winning Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oils and 2 olive oils with negative attributes.
- The basic health benefits of olive oil.
- Biodegradable tasting glasses.
- Tasting by an expert olive oil taster.
- Transfers from/to hotels or port *An additional transfer fee (10,00 euro pp/cash on the spot) will apply for transfers from/to hotels in the areas of Elia , Kalafatis , Agrari, Panormos, Super Paradise & Kanalia
- Anything that is not specified in the program as included
Olive Oil Tasting: 80€
Price per child 4-11,99 years old: 40€
Private operation: 250€
We accept VISA, MasterCard, Maestro, American Express, Diners & Discover. Payments are taken securely online through Viva Payments services. Upon receiving the online payment notification, which will be send via e-mail, you would be redirected to Viva Payments’s site where you can make your payment. At present, all payments are in Euros.
For Bank Transfer payments:
Name: Yourtransfer.gr Ltd
Account Number: 41647018286
Bank Name: National Bank of Greece S.A.
Swift Code: ETHNGRAA
Bank Address: Mykonos Island, 84600 Greece
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please email your SENDER’S FIRST and LAST NAME, SENDER’S ADDRESS and COUNTRY, and SENDER’S PHONE NUMBER to: firstname.lastname@example.org after you send your payment through Wire Transfer.
All bookings are final and no refunds are possible.