This tour sweeps through the medieval town of Mykonos also known as the “chora”, being famous as a cosmopolitan island due to the lifestyle and a variety of visitors all around the world, Mykonos’ traditional way of life is dearly reflected within its city limits, inside which we offer an authentic walking tour throughout some often unappreciated sites by many of its visitors. We offer you an opportunity of a lifetime to experience first-hand the true beauty of the Mykonian town, by walking you through its history and re-living some of its past memories.
The wonderful walk through the unknown alleys and the secret corners of Mykonos town through which our guide will accompany you and share his knowledge and stories, begins at 10:00 or 17:00 (depending on the time you have booked for), after you have been collected from your pick-up location (usually your hotel or the cruise-ship port), at the well-known location of the Archaeological museum and the Remezzo restaurant (where the entrance of the old town is), close to the old port, which is the starting point of the walking tour.
As you will be walking down the coastal paved road, you will pass Manto Square, where the famous monument of Manto Mavrogenous stands, a Greek heroine of the Greek War of Independence. Right after you will head down the famous Matogianni area, where you will find clothing and footwear shops of famous fashion brands and you will see attractions such as the 3 wells, the home of Manto Mavrogenous’ mother and the Maritime Museum. From there you will continue your walk, by passing the traditional “Gioras bakery”, an underground and old wooden stove, still operational until today where you will be treated a traditional bakery’s product and refreshment, before you head towards five in row windmills, which still stand proudly as a local attraction, after their operation was paused. Crossing the narrow winding paths, through the castle of the Chora and the Scarpa area where ‘Little Venice’ is located, which is famous for its picturesque medieval two storey houses (you will have 15 minutes free time here), you can admire the elaborate church of “Panagia Paraportiani”, one of the most famous architectural structures in Greece and get to see the Folklore Museum.
Finally, we head back to our starting point and pass by the famous Agios Nikolaos church at the old port. At the end you will be driven back to where you were picked-up if you decide to be taken back. With no doubt we would have managed to pass on some of our proud history and memories of our past and present to you.
- English speaking professional escort
- Treat at the Gioras Bakery
- Professional Guide at the Archaeological Museum or the Folklore Museum
- Entrance fees to the Archaeological musuem or the Folklore museum
- Anything not indicated as included
*The pick-up time is approximate and depends on the pick-up location. The traveller will be informed of the exact time upon confirmation of the activity.
|Prices 2019||Adult||Child 04-13,99 years old||Private Operation|
|Ancient Delos Tour||55€||30€||–|
|Island Tour (Discover Authentic Tour)||48€||24€||–|
|Traditional Lunch or Dinner at the Mykonian Spiti||60€||30€||–|
|“Smart” Visit to the Mykonian Spiti Farm||20€||10€||–|
We accept VISA, MasterCard, Maestro, American Express, Diners & Discover. Payments are taken securely online through Viva Payments services. Upon receiving the online payment notification, which will be send via e-mail, you would be redirected to Viva Payments’s site where you can make your payment. At present, all payments are in Euros.
For Bank Transfer payments:
Name: Yourtransfer.gr Ltd
Account Number: 41647018286
Bank Name: National Bank of Greece S.A.
Swift Code: ETHNGRAA
Bank Address: Mykonos Island, 84600 Greece
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please email your SENDER’S FIRST and LAST NAME, SENDER’S ADDRESS and COUNTRY, and SENDER’S PHONE NUMBER to: firstname.lastname@example.org after you send your payment through Wire Transfer.
All bookings are final and no refunds are possible.
- For cancellations up to 48 hours prior to the tour/activity, clients are entitled to a 50% refund of the total amount. For cancellations less than 48 hours (0-48) prior to the tour/activity, no refund requests will be accepted.
- Refund requests for last minute cancellations (up to 48 hours before the tour or activity), for any reason, will not be accepted.
- Our company is not responsible for the client’s failure to appear at the meeting point for the booked tour or activity.
- Last minute cancellation of flights or inability to disembark from a cruise ship, is not our company’s responsibility, therefore any refund requests due to such incidents will not be accepted. Should the client be aware of such a change, he/she is requested to communicate with our company more than 48 hours before the tour or activity starts, in order to discuss possible date or time amendment (subject to availability)
- All clients are kindly requested to send their preferred meeting point and location until 3:00pm of the previous date, regarding their pick-up for the booked tour or activity. Should they fail to do so, our company will do anything it can in order to locate them (telephone, email, etc), however it is not responsible for any failure to meet them. Meeting points could be, anywhere on the island and the information necessary is either the hotel name or the name of the cruise ship they are arriving with. In the occasion that they are staying at an apartment, clients are requested to send us a google map, a nearby hotel or any information that would help us locate them. Any delay of behalf of the client (up until 15 minutes that we will be waiting for them) affects the transfer schedule and disrupts the smooth conduct of the tour/activity.
- For no-name accommodations, our company will set the most convenient location for the pick-up.
- For accommodations that are located in a pedestrian zone, our company will set the best possible pick-up point.
- Due to weather conditions, the destination of the booked cruise may change.